I decided to have a little fun and start a thing here. My Friday top five. Seeing as how I am one, eight hour day away from my beach vacation, I suppose some fun is in order! Today’s topic? My generalized top five favorites!
- Favorite artist of all time? Joshua Radin. I love his acoustic style, I love his lyrics, I love his voice. I listen to him constantly! And he makes up more than half of my writing playlists! The song What if You…kills me every time.
2. Favorite Band. Manchester Orchestra. The album Simple Math is probably one of the best concept albums I’ve ever heard. Every song ties together the story of a man’s relationship with his wife and his music in a rocking, emotional gut punching style. Followed up by Cope and Hope, their sheer genius is quantified. Listen to the different ways one simple song can make you feel with Every Stone from Cope and Every Stone from Hope.
3. Favorite TV show. Heart of Dixie. I’m a hopeless romantic at heart. And I love me a good bad boy. Throw those two together with a witty and wise-cracking heroine and tons of cute clothes. I’m hooked. I am embarrassed to say how many times I have watched this short-lived series through!
4. Favorite book ever? Eat Pray Love, by Elizabeth Gilbert. I’ve read this book through probably five times. Each time I was at a different place in my life, and I found new things that struck me each time. To say that this book just really speaks to my soul is an understatement, and it will remain a forever favorite on my bookshelf for a long time.
5. Favorite Movie. Nights in Rodanthe. Romance-a-holic remember? I’ve often joked that I am one Nicholas Sparks movie away from a complete emotional breakdown. While I don’t personally enjoy his books, I LOVE all the movie adaptations. Give me romance, give me tragedy…I’m yours. And I am not ashamed to say I cry every damn time!