Walla Walla, the town so nice they named it twice. It’s my town. I wasn’t born here, but the second I saw it, I knew it was home. Walla Walla has community spirit, and it was voted one of the friendliest cities AND one of the most charming small towns in America. It’s no wonder I chose Walla Walla as the location for Rocking Autumn!
So why do I love Walla Walla?
- Food Truck Night!
Every first Monday of the month from spring until late summer, all the food trucks converge to one beautiful location. It’s a feast you cannot miss out on! Expect to see everyone you know there!
2. Downtown Farmers Market. Fresh local produce and handcrafted items. Score! (expect to see everyone you know here too)
3. The picturesque Blue Mountains. In spring when the rolling hills are covered in grass, it looks like something straight out of Middle Earth. (expect to see no one here)
4. Balloon Stampede Night Glow. It’s magical. (more than half the town will be there)
6. Downtown Walla Walla, Main Street. Quaint charm meets upscale. Amazing food, eclectic bars, and wineries. Local businesses and upscale shopping. Swing by Public House 124 for some truffle fries, stroll main street lined with trees wrapped in sparkling white lights, browse through vinyl records at Hot Poop and maybe even grab a giant ice cream cone at Brights. (Everyone you know is here – probably at Starbucks or Coffee Perk)
7. Macy’s Parade of Lights! It’s a holiday festivity that you can’t miss out on! (half the town will be here)
8. Walla Walla Public Transportation. Repurposed cable cars. Score! They’re cute…and they ding!
9. The gazebo at Pioneer Park. It’s simply beautiful and peaceful.
10. The Walla Walla Sweets!
An amateur but professionally managed baseball team in the West Coast League located in Walla Walla. It’s an absolute blast to take in a baseball game on a warm summer night with the family!