I will only collect and use your Personal Data where:
- I have lawful grounds to do so, including to comply with legal obligations;
- I am performing a contract with you for my services
For the purposes of the EU General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (“GDPR”), I, Alyne Hart, am the “data controller”. If you have any questions about this policy or about how I use your Personal Data, please contact me via the contact details at the end of this policy. This policy is effective as of 5/15/18.
1. Personal Data I collect via my website alynehart.com
Personal Data that you provide to me.
I only collect Personal Data where you choose to interact with me on the Website in the following ways:
Activity Types of Personal Data Collected When you sign-up to receive free content, including eBooks, audiobooks, and offers
- Email address
- First name
- Last name
When you purchase a book directly from me
- Email address
- Phone number Any Personal Data which you provide to us in the free text box of the form.
- Payment method choice (payment details are held by the payment processor, not me)
Data that is collected automatically
WordPress automatically collects certain information when you visit my Website – such as the type of browser and operating system you are using, and the domain name of your Internet service provider. I do not link this information with any Personal Data.
2. Use of your Personal Data
I will only use your Personal Data when the law allows me to.
Most commonly, I use your Personal Data to:
- process and manage your use of the website;
- respond to your questions, comments and requests;
- where you have opted-in to receive marketing from me, deliver communications that are relevant to your preferences / may be of interest to you;
- improve my services and Website through analysis of information.
3. Sharing of your Personal Data
We take your privacy seriously and will not share your Personal Data with others, except as permitted by applicable law or as set out below:
We share Personal Data as necessary with third parties who provide services or functions on our behalf and who require the information to provide those specific services to us. These third parties may include social media advertising platforms such as Facebook and Google Adwords for the purpose of custom audience generation and the development of targeting criteria for other audiences. Please note that we have appropriate data privacy safeguards in place with third parties with whom we share Personal Data as described above and who are providing services or functions on our behalf.
4. Keeping your Personal Data secure
We have implemented security policies and technical measures to safeguard the Personal Data we collect. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable law, including the GDPR, to safeguard Personal Data from accidental loss, destruction or damage and unauthorized access, use and disclosure.
5. Retention periods for use of your Personal Data
This Website and our services are aimed at adults, and we do not knowingly collect any Personal Data relating to children aged under 15 years old. If you are under the age of 15, please do not provide us with any of your Personal Data, including your email address.
7. Contact Me
My full details are:
Email for Privacy Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Postal Address: PO Box 534, College Place, WA 99324